Thursday, September 4, 2014

Blogging Challenge: Day 4

Day 4
Respond: What do you love the most about teaching?

Ah, where to start! I once left and had to come back because it's where I felt valued. Teaching is the hardest job in the world, so you must love it to stick with it. I really feel at home in my current teaching setting.

One thing I love most about it is the intellectual work--figuring how what you need to teach and how you're going to communicate it most effectively.  It's constantly challenging, both cognitively and personally. I am occasionally frustrated but never bored!

This week was super fun--new students to meet and former students to catch up with, all crowding the door. I also simply love being a part of kids' lives. I really remember my teachers. Who else can say they know thousands of people they've impacted over the years? Feels like a healthy way to spend one's life and contribute to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment