Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Blogging Challenge: Day 3

Day 3
Discuss one “observation” area that you would like to improve on for your teacher evaluation.

My two SMARTGoals last year included work on ORs (short Open Response questions) and improving my teaching of speaking and listening, and I think I want to stick to those goals.  Teaching ORs is an important aspect of the CCSS because it involves close reading and textual evidence.  I'd like to meet with people from other departments to work on this goal.  SL standards are something I really need to tackle, and I can already tell I am getting better because I'm trying new activities and routines.  I need to be more student-centered!

I also want to improve my communication with parents.  It's a struggle in my community, but I'm getting great ideas from my colleagues.  

No comments:

Post a Comment