Sunday, September 14, 2014

Blogging Challenge: 13-16

Catching up and trying to get a bit ahead!
Day 13
Name the top edtech tools that you use on a consistent basis in the classroom, and rank them in terms of their perceived (by you) effectiveness.
Our school is not edtech heavy, but I've been able to integrate the following in somehow over the past year as options for assignments: Twitter, Instagram, Google Drive applications, PowerPoint, and Prezi. I also love Remind for housekeeping.
Day 14
What is feedback for learning, and how well do you give it to students?
Feeback is tough, especially when I have 125 students. I try to give as much out loud feedback and whole group feedback when I can. I'm also trying a +/- t-chart with written assignments this year, trying to be as specific as time allows.
Day 15
Name three strengths you have as an educator.
I'm a hard worker. I have high standards and expectations for my students. I think teens are awesome people.
Day 16
If you could have one superpower to use in the classroom, what would it be and how would it help?
Ah.  Good question. I wish I had the ability to explain something ONCE, not 25 separate times per day. I'm getting better at getting simpler and more concrete, but it's still frustrating to repeat directions over and over again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment