Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Blogging Challenge: Day 10 and 11

Today and tomorrow at the same time!

Day 10
Share five random facts about yourself.
Share four things from your bucket list.
Share three things that you hope for this year, as a “person” or an educator.
Share two things that have made you laugh or cry as an educator.
Share one thing you wish more people knew about you.

Day 11

What is your favorite part of the school day and why?

Day 10
Random Facts:
1. I hate to exercise (but I'm working on that).
2. I very rarely listen to music and prefer NPR or podcasts.
3. When I get The New Yorker each week, I drop everything and read it cover to cover. 
4. I'm a vegetarian.
5. I have a growth mindset, so I don't mind making mistakes.

Bucket List:
1. Write a book.
2. Travel more.
3. Get healthy so I can live as long as possible.
4. Learn how to not hate cooking.

Three things I hope for this year:
1. More personal/relaxing time for myself.
2. Plan on the weekend and grade during the week.
3. Say NO more (it's working, and I already feel less stress!)

Two things that make me laugh/cry:
1. Untapped potential/kids very behind (cry)
2. Using technology with kids (laugh and cry)

One thing I wish more people knew about me:
1. I work this hard because I actually enjoy it!

Day 11
My favorite part of the school day is the end of it! I like to hang around for hours at the end of the day to catch up, plan the next day, and meet with students.  I like meeting with kids one on one because we can both focus. Room food and laptops also help. I find that whomever shows up gets a lot done, and I get to know the students better in small groups or individually.  

1 comment:

  1. I wrote about the beginning of the day, but I love the end, too! It is so fun to share our workspace and time with students. I want to bring more of that feeling into the class periods. Great post.

    ReplyDelete