Sunday, September 24, 2017

Long time, no post

Hello, everyone!

I haven't posted to this blog since August . . . of 2016. As Gretchen Rubin says, the days are long, but the years are short.

I'm actually in a new role that has kept me busy. In October of 2016, I became the Director of Humanities for the Malden Public Schools. I'm responsible for evaluation, assessment, curriculum, instruction, and purchasing for the following groups:

Grades 6-12 ELA
Grades K-12 Social Studies
Grades K-12 Art
Grades K-12 Music
Grades K-12 Foreign Language

So, as you can imagine, I have been preoccupied with learning about my new job as a district administrator. It's a real challenge and a real honor.

I actually decided to jump back on the blog to invite any readers to the 4th annual edcamp Malden. It's on Saturday, October 21, at a new location this year--Linden STEAM Academy in Malden.

Here's the link to registration: http://edcampmalden.weebly.com/

It's open to all! Hope to see you there! Enjoy fall. Take care.--Abbey


No comments:

Post a Comment