Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Last Call: EdCamp Malden is October 18!

I've been working to plan an EdCamp at my school, and I'm really excited about it!  My colleagues have been so helpful in setting it up, and my students are volunteering to help at the event.  



The theme is ELL Success, but the event is for everyone, not just ESL teachers.  I'm not an ESL expert, but I want to know more about helping my students who are struggling.  After RETELL, I feel much more aware of the issues.  I don't know everything, but I can get better!

EdCamps start with a blank schedule: if you can think of a topic, throw it on the grid.  If you just want to listen, find something you think sounds good and join the conversation.

So, PLEASE COME.  We have over 100 people from across New England signed up.  Come late, leave early, come without a ticket . . . 

http://edcampmalden.wikispaces.com/

EdCamps are amazing events.  Truly.  It's simple: open notebook, open mind.  Nothing to stress about.  Just come, speak, and listen.  Everyone at an EdCamp is passionate and willing to share.  It's just free, fun PD.  You'll leave with new ideas and new friends.  You'll leave with something to try on Monday.

If you have any questions at all, email me at abbeydick1@gmail.com or edcampmalden@gmail.com. 

I can't wait to see so many friends and members of my PLN in my home!   

No comments:

Post a Comment