Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Hello, all.  Happy 2014!  I am struggling to prepare for tomorrow's first day back to school (while also keeping my fingers crossed for snow days!), but I am also quite excited to get back.  It was a wonderful break, though.  Lots of reading, sleep, and good times with friends and family.

Classroom resolutions: keep more on top of grading, try to plan as far ahead as I can, and cut myself some slack--although I've been teaching a long time, the first year at a new school is tough!  I'm trying to develop some better systems for next year as well, in terms of writing and vocabulary instruction.

While I read a few grown up books over break, I also got to tear through these excellent, engaging YA novels.  A handful of my kids have read them, but now I have a few more copies to pass along to them.

Enjoy the rest of term 2, everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment