Thursday, October 10, 2013

Red Flags/Green Flags for the Common Core

Hi, all.  Crazy week.  I am starting on Teaching with Poverty in Mind, and I'm already finding it a helpful and enlightening resource.



My professional practice goal this year (my first time in the Ed. Eval. system!) is about student-led discussion.  I really need to expand my skills on teaching discussion.  If you can lead me to sources, let me know!

The following is a link I shared at TeachPlus, but it wasn't in my list of sources:
http://misiciowa.org/uploads/BHK8-Literacy_Green_Flag_Red_Flag.pdf

It was an ASCD document when I originally saw it a few months ago.  It is a T-Chart checklist that gives teachers and administrators some suggestions for what the Common Core should actually look like in ELA classrooms.  I have found it enlightening.

No comments:

Post a Comment